Friday, June 10, 2011

ATM (After Tough Mudder)


I think I will always think of things, as BTM and ATM.

"Before Tough Mudder" and "After Tough Mudder"

So much has been going on since I last really posted (other than my two posts on TM).

We've added a new member to the family.

Rusty: Our roughly 10 month old, German Shepard/Black Lab mix

Going to Disney with our cousins Jennifer and Lucas, me running the Tough Mudder, and Matthew and Steven going to SeaWorld with Jen and Lucas while I was trying to survive my TM experience.

Friends being lost and made, old friends coming out of the woodwork, and as always new learning experiences.

I hit the ground running - literally - the next day after running TM. My time was no where near where I hoped it would be, but it was so cold th
at for at least half the race I didn't/couldn't run. My feet were so cold that I didn't trust my footing at all and didn't want to risk going ass over tea kettle down the side of the mountain. So at the end of it, I actually had quiet a bit of "run" left
in my legs.

The next day saw me in the gym, doing a 3.5 mile run in 30 minutes.

I would LOVE to do the TM NorCal event in September, but as of right now I don't see it happening financially. Matthew said he'd like to run the next event with me, so to pay for both of our entry fees, the gas $ to get up to the event, at least one nights stay (somewhere even a camp ground), and coming up with childcare for 24+ hours... Yeah I don't see it happening right now. :(

BUT I will run it again in SoCal next May, and if we are still in the area I will make sure that I've got the $$$ saved up to do the NorCal event 2012.

Yes I'm crazy... But unless you've been there you don't understand how it kind of grabs ahold of you. These are just a few of my "battle wounds".


I proudly showed my bruises and scrapes to anyone who asked, and wore my headband at the gym - I LOVED my experience with Tough Mudder. And Welcome anyone who is crazy enough to join me for my next moment of "Insanity".

No comments:

Post a Comment