Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Random post with my thoughts

So I really want to do this competition on July 21st... But I keep going through bouts of enthusiasm and bouts of doubt.

I think a lot of it has to do with how our lives are going to be changing in the next few months... I'm feeling overwhelmed by everything lately, but not so much that I can't handle it all - just enough to make me feel a little bit crazy around the edges.

I really needed to come on here and write about this today - because I got to the gym this morning feeling all sorts of motivated, and talked with a good friend of mine about her current journey that she's on.

People, our family and friends, don't realize I think how important their support really truly is. If I have one person whose opinion I value say something thats demeaning towards my goals it matters to me. Its hard sometimes finding the drive within ones own self, and when you have an awesome support network it makes it that much easier to push through those walls that we all hit.

I'm working on a lot of changes within myself at the moment, not just the ones facing my family because of the USMC, but ones that I'm considering for myself. For my sanity. I want to start eating cleaner. And I want to teach my son to eat healthy.

Obesity in children is at an all time high - not just because of the eating patterns that we are teaching them (yes fast food is quick and easy), but also due to the lack of activity that we are letting our kids get away with. So YES I'm cutting certain foods out of Steven's diet - sugars are gone for the most part. TREATS are truly that, treats. No more "just because you were good for me in the store" you get a candy/chocolate milk/milkshake etc... I know better, and I was still giving into the "pacify my child now" habits that we as a society are turning too.

In talking with my friend today, I realized that in the post I made a week or so ago - about eating healthy, and looking at possibly going Vegan or Pescitarian..... That I already kind of eat like a Pescitarian (one who cheats occasionally with chicken, and rarely with steak) so in reality it wouldn't be that hard to make a full transition. Matthew is going to be leaving soon, and he is the steak griller in the house - so once he's gone I really don't see myself buying a lot of it.

I'm going to start looking for healthy recipes that give both Steven and I the needed proteins, fiber, nutrients in general.

I realize this post is a little random, as are most of my posts, but they are thoughts that have been jumping around in my head.

I'm dealing with de-cluttering my life, and along with that goes de-cluttering my actual house but ALSO de-cluttering my brain, my body, my lifestyle.

BTW - if anyone would like to volunteer their OCD and time to me I'd love them for that :) I get overwhelmed when I realize how bad my house has gotten and makes me shut down and walk away from it. OR if you'd like to rent a giant trash bin and have it delivered to my driveway so I can purge the heck out of my house I'd love you for that too :)

Now I need to jump off of here, take Steven outside to play with the kids and take some of that time to sort through the excess crap that is in my garage.

2 comments: