Monday, February 20, 2012

Day 1 of 8 weeks of Hell.


So this past Saturday, February 18th, was officially 8 weeks out from my first Bikini competition. Today, Monday Feb 20th, I started my first official day of Workout/Diet plan aka: Hell.

Alyx and I are working this out one week at a time, so that we can tweak things where needed. Each week we plan on doing photos on Sunday, to see where I started/progress that is made along the way. So here is a photo take from Sunday 2/19/12


And my measurements are:
Waist:28"
Hips: 36.5"
Thighs:23.5"
Arms:11.25"
Neck:13"

This weeks meal/nutrition plan is this, and its supposed to equal up to roughly 1,100 calories:
Pre Gym - 1 apple, tea (100)
Breakfast - 2 eggs or protein powder or tuna or chicken, 1 green veggie (300)
Snack - tuna or chicken or nuts (150)
Lunch - 2 servings of veggies, 1 serving of protein (200)
Snack - tuna or chicken or nuts (150)
Dinner - 2 servings of veggies, 1 serving of protein (200)
+1 protein shake elsewhere if dying.

( the ^ symbol will be used to identify pyramid workouts, starting low weight high reps moving to high weight low reps, and then moving back down to low weight high reps trying to repeat same number of reps both directions)

And my workouts for this week are:

Monday
Bi's - Cable curls ^, dropset bar curls ^, hammer curls ^
Tri's - bench dips ^, skull crushers 3sets x 15reps, 3sets x 10reps, dumbell kickbacks ^
250 sit-ups, 250 crunches
40-60 min cardio medium intensity

Tuesday
Bench press ^, Incline Press ^, Dumbell flys 3sets x 15 reps (10-15lbs)
Bent rows w/bar ^, Renegade Rows ^, Pullups 3 sets x fail
45 mins stairs

Wednesday
250 squats with weight bar
250 plyo lunges
150 each side, single leg deads with 5 lb dumbell
30 min cardio elliptical

Thursday
3 x 6 min planks (2 min front, 2 min each side = 6 mins)
250 sit-ups
250 crunches
250 oblique twists (mad russians)
40 min run as far as possible

Friday
Total body workout, my choice (have been informed that if I do anything less than 1.5 hours I'll be called lazy and fat)

Saturday
1 1/2 hour cardio

Sunday
REST

My plan is to update my blog as often as possible during the next 8 weeks. I don't promise an everyday update - maybe just once a week as we get new photos, workout plans, and diet re-vamps.

Today actually went really well. Came in a little under calories - trying to figure out exactly what I can/can't have. Thankfully for the most part I do eat fairly cleanly so this isn't killing me yet. The workout kicked my butt, and I'm already feeling it tonight in my upper-traps, and triceps. I do need to get to bed though, so I have energy for the rest of this week.

Pura Vida

No comments:

Post a Comment