Sunday, February 26, 2012

Day 7

So its Sunday night, the 26th, and I just got home from Alyx's house with a bunch of super great new girlfriends.

I'll be the first person to tell you that I've never really had a lot of girls as friends, in high-school I had a lot of "friends" but very few that I considered true friends. And lately it seems like I've been blessed with an abundance of women, from all walks of life and age ranges, who are supportive of not only me but others around us. In any way shape or form that someone needs support they are there willing to lend a hand and help out.

Tonight was a nice little ego boost for me. Alyx used me as an example of where these other ladies could get to. She had me pull up this very blog and show them my original "Before and After" photos... You have no idea (or maybe you do) how nice it is to have people compliment the work that you've accomplished... Made all those calories that I've counted up, the ridiculous number of reps of squats/lunges/sit-ups/pull-ups/BURPEES all worth it. Because there are days that I have a hard time seeing the difference in my body.

I live with this body, I see it each and everyday. NAKED. And so those little changes, a slight rounding of the rump, a little less pooch to the belly - they tend to go unnoticed.

I was starting to feel nervous about this damn competition. Here its been since Wednesday since I made it to the gym (and even Wednesdays workout was half-assed) but today I went for a run with Alyx and Charlotte on the beach trail and felt a bit better about myself. Then came the dreaded "Check in Photo". The ones that we are doing each Sunday. Me in a bikini... Yeah nerve racking to say the least.

Here we go, here are today's photos:


And already I'm actually seeing a difference. So it gives me hope that I can do this competition and not be the "fat chick" on stage in my bikini. Like I've said before, this is out of my comfort zone, but I needed something new to shoot for. A new goal to keep me motivated when I go to the gym. I get bored otherwise. Not saying it has to be a BIG goal, but just something at the end of a certain time period so that I keep motivated and stay focused. In reality as I'm sitting here writing this I know to a certain extent that this is ridiculous. That living on roughly 1,100 calories a day and doing the things that I'm doing physically is not for most people (Heck I wouldn't do this on a regular basis) but I also know that this is something that I really want to do for me.

I'm 26, have an almost 4 year old, and for the first time ever in my life I feel happy (for the most part) with my body. I'm proud of the fact that I'm an 4/6 pants, and that I can wear a skimpy as hell bikini. I worked for this!!! So do me a favor - if your judging me, for whatever reason, take a moment to look at yourself. What are you doing for you? What are you doing because you want to and because it makes you happy? Then judge me.

As for me, well I'm going to get back to eating my 3rd cucumber for the day ;)

Onto this weeks plan. The meal plan is roughly the same, technically I get up to an extra 60 calories in my diet, YAY!

Pre Gym - Fruit (apple) & tea (100)
Post Gym - Protein (110) & veggies(100) = (210)
Mid Snack - Protein (110) & Veggie (100) = (210)
Lunch - Protein (110)
Mid Snack - Veggie (100)
Dinner - Veggies x 2 (200) & Protein (110) = (310)
Post Snack - Protein (110)

Workout Schedule:

Monday:
6 mile run
3 x 5 minute planks
500 any abs of my choice

Tuesday:
1 hour Stair-climber
30 minute bike (killer)
500 abs of my choice

Wednesday:
50 Pull-ups
200 Push-ups
500 squats (slow and controlled)
1000 abs of choice (yes 2x's as many as Monday or Tuesday, or hell Monday and Tuesday combined)
30 minute - 4 mile run

Thursday:
1.5 hours of cardio broken down into -
-30 Run
-30 Elliptical
-30 Stairs

Friday:
200 Squats w/bar
200 Lunges
5x10 Curls w/bar
5x10 Military press
5x10 single leg dead w/bar
45 min Cardio, elliptical OR stairs

Saturday:
1 hour yoga
45mins - 1 hour outdoor run

So, obviously a lot more cardio this next week, and a bit less weights. Muscle's seem to be building just fine, so we're focusing on getting rid of a few "trouble spots" and then will reassess this next Sunday and see where else we need to tweak.

I'm exhausted and need to go to bed before I fall asleep at this darn computer. Blessings and have a wonderful week.

2 comments:

  1. <3 you.
    log on from my computer and uplod pics tomorrow...
    I cant seem to get em emailed to u

    ReplyDelete
  2. This workout schedule is totally impressive/overwhelming/intimidating! And you do look SO amazing, Zori. I've jumped back on my workout horse (which is admittedly much lower than yours), and you've totally inspired me to add more abs to my days. if you can do 500, i should be able to find the time/energy for 100! :D

    ReplyDelete