Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Almost bedtime

I have this awful habit of staying up late. Even after Steven's in bed around 8, and Matthew even hit the sack early tonight around 10... Here it is 11 o'clock and I'm still kicking.

So many things are running through my head right now, I have another massage scheduled at C'Siren Spa tomorrow - I'm pretty sure that I have at least a part time job with them but now its the waiting game for my CA license. I'm hoping to hear back from the medical rehab clinic in Irvine, I loved what they were offering and as a part-time position 2 days a week it would be nice.

Following closely on the heels of those thoughts is the impending question on whether or not Matthew is getting sent to a deployable unit in June... We haven't gotten any information since Feb, no one seems to be communicating, and I keep trying to remember to breathe deep. I've decided I'm not going to freak out about it until we get more information, but at the same time I have to confess that its hard not to think about the "what ifs". We both knew he wasn't done with deployments, but thought that a B-billet meant a bit of security on the non-deployable front. I guess the USMC might be proving us wrong on that sometime here soon. Ack - making myself frustrated again.

Random conversation change: Any other mommies ever feel crazed? I love Steven so much, but at times this almost Three-year old behavior is going to drive me batty! He's got so much energy, so much spunk... He problem solves amazingly well (much to my chagrin sometimes).

Like last week... We only have 2 chintzy locks in the house, the push-button ones with the little slot that is on the opposite side - and Steven has long understood the concept of keys. Well Mr. Too Smart for his own good, figured out how to use the tip of one of his airplane wings as a "key" and can now unlock both the bedroom door and the bathroom door whenever he likes... So now I can't even take a shower without a little head peaking around the corner of the curtain asking me, "Mommy whats that?"

Speaking of, I'm hearing rustling in his bedroom - so I'm going to say goodnight here and make sure that everything is alright in dreamland for my little man. Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment