Saturday, March 26, 2011

Low Carb Challenge

So I'm finally putting it out in the world that I've taken on a 4 week challenge from my friend/Personal Trainer Ernesto...

I've been hesitant to even talk about it, mainly because then I start thinking of carbs... Bread, and pasta... Cookies - tomorrow at the Farmer's Market I'm going to have to walk past my FAVORITE booth without buying anything :(

He told me to start this Tuesday the 22nd, and I did start that afternoon after we talked about it for a bit, but I count Wednesday the 23rd as my "Official" start date. So far its been torture. I made a pulled BBQ Beef Tuesday for dinner, of which I normally eat that on a nice crunchy roll - no roll for me... And we had leftovers for a couple of days, so while Matthew and Steven were enjoying their BBQ Beef sandwiches, I got BBQ Beef, with salad... :/

So I'm slowly trying to find new options for things, so that I don't get bored with my options... I plan on picking up a Spaghetti squash tomorrow at the market (if they have any good ones).

I know a No-Carb diet is next to impossible, and there are such things as "healthier carbs" like from fruits and veggies, so I'm shooting for that.

I did a slightly closer up picture of my abs, upper body when I took my "after" shots for my Background post. So here it is.



I also taped myself to get an accurate measurement of where I am, because as I've learned muscle weighs more than fat. So instead of freaking out if I gain a pound or two during this adventure, I can see if I've lost inches (or quarter-inches)

Wednesday March 23rd Measurements:
Thigh (the largest, upper portion) 22 1/2"
Hips 36"
Waist 27"
Under-bust (what bust I have) 30 1/2"
Arm (largest portion of bicep) 10 1/4"
Neck 13"

So April 13th will be my 4 week mark... If I can remember I'll re-tape myself sometime around the half-way mark.

Along with all of this I started keeping a food diary, and if nothing else its showing me how mundane my diet has become so if any one has any pointers on how to "jazz" it up I'd love them! I'm starting to look around on my own and think I'm finding new fun things to try but the challenge will be getting the boys to eat them too, so that I don't have to make 2 dinners every night!

1 comment:

  1. Ross has done Atkins a few times and had great results. Let me know if you're interested and ill give ya some pointers :)

    ReplyDelete