Saturday, March 17, 2012

Bikini waxing

Ok so I've been debating on whether I was going to post about this - but figure since I'm posting about everything else, Why not?

Back when I started thinking about doing this competition I contemplated getting a bikini/brazilian wax done. I've NEVER had anything other than my eyebrows waxed, and the thought of having someone other than a partner or my gyno down in my "area" is/was a bit nerve wracking. After a lot of discussions with women who have done them, and the girl who actually does the waxing at the spa I decided to go with it.

What the HELL was I thinking?!?!?!!!!!

What are other women thinking?!?!?!!!!

Why would you EVER pay someone else to put hot wax on your "area" and RIP IT OFF!!!!!!!

I remember seeing a video clip a few years ago, that showed women from about the sternum up and their reactions to having things waxed... NOW I understand.

We had figured out a timeline for waxing, backdating from my event to when we were planning on starting. I have to admit, I only did the one time. There is NO way you could convince me to go back - at least not right now.

Maybe if you paid me.

BUT it would have to be a lot of $$$, and you'd have to have a HUGE glass of wine waiting for me. AND a box of my favorite chocolate truffles.

I know some women say that it isn't that bad, and there are those who not only do brazilians but do their legs, armpits, etc... I'll pass. If I'm hairy I'll shave. Or I'll deal with being hairy. Figuring out how to backdate shaving at this point, but if it means that I don't have to worry about having hot wax near my nether regions I'm totally ok with it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment