Sunday, March 11, 2012

Sunday March 11th

Life is still interesting here in my house. I've determined that I'm going to be moody off and on until the competition, and that my body is going to have issues keeping me warm. We said goodbye to Grandma this week, and Steven has been beside himself, asking for her each day, wondering why we can't see her or go to her house right that very second. I had a couple of rough days this last week, between the workouts lack of calories, and sleep schedules I've been tired and cranky.

I'm trying my best to try and gather my thoughts for this weeks update. I thought I'd had it mapped out in my head yesterday, but things have gotten a bit jumbled again. Super fun update, I went and bought 2 new pairs of shoes for working out! My Vibrams and my Sauconys were both starting to wear out, to the point of not being all that good to workout in - still usable for yard work/walking the dog type activities but not good for the miles that I've been putting on my body. I technically didn't buy either pair either! My friends Alyx and Kris felt the need to thank me somehow for taking care of their pooch, Briggs, while they were gone during the holiday season. And had mentioned a while ago about buying me a pair of new shoes. Alyx got tired of me hemming and hawwing so she finally asked what my shoes normally cost and wrote me a check for the amount, and because I happened to luck out and hit an AWESOME sale, plus VIP discounts, plus Clearance on my Vibrams... I managed to get 2 pairs of shoes out of that $$$.

This afternoon I went over to Alyx's and did my weekly photos, and meal plan/workout plan updates. The photos that follow are the usual see progress photos, PLUS a few "pose" photos. I really need to start training on the pose and also walking in the heels for the competition. Right now I have a pair of CRAZY stripper heals that I borrowed from Leslie, and we're (Alyx and I) are trying to find out if they fit into regulation for heels. If they do, then I'm going to start training my walk in them, along with hitting the poses I need to hit.

I have never been so conscience of walking in a pair of heels, and how each step affects the way that I look. Trying to remember to suck this part in, or push that part out... Flex these muscles at this moment, and those at another... Going to take a lot of work. So onto the photos. PLEASE ignore the messy bun, and the fact that I was NOT prepared to do any Pose photos this morning, Alyx threw that one at me once I was in front of the camera. Also we've determined that even if I don't wind up competing in my blue bikini that I do need to start bringing it with me for these photo updates because it will be closer in cut to what I'll wear for the competition than the black suit that I've been using.












This week the focus is going to be more centered on my lower core, the gluteal region, and the upper thigh region (mainly back upper thigh). There are other areas that need work, ie my shoulders, but we're saving those until closer to the competition so that I'm not trying to maintain the look from 4 weeks out.

Speaking of X number of weeks from the competition. As of yesterday, March 10th, I was exactly 5 weeks from the DAY of competition. I'm starting to get nervous. I feel like I've got a TON of work to do before then. I'm hoping that in the next week I do my first round of fake tan to see how the color is (I promise I'll post pictures) and also to see if it really does make a difference in the definition. I keep getting told that once I'm darker that my muscle definition will really POP and that I need to do it so that all my hard work doesn't wind up looking "pancaked" under the stage lights. Honestly I'm almost having a harder time with the idea that I have to go super dark, than the dieting or the working out.

I've NEVER been tan before, Burnt yes, but never had a tan in my life. My biggest goal is to not look like an Umpa-Lumpa when I get done getting sprayed. No Snookie for me please!!! :)

Onto this weeks meal plan/workout plan.

Meals:
Breakfast - Protein shake, tea, and 1 small serving of fruit (lowest sugar content)
Post Gym - Tuna
Lunch - Protein (Fish, chicken) x 2, Veggies
Snack - Steak (or other protein), Veggies
Dinner - Protein (fish, chicken, beans, beef) x 3
Post 7pm - Green Veggies

Water, Tea with Lemon/Stevia, Guilt free Lemonade, 0 Calorie Energy Drinks are all good. NO DRESSINGS on anything, so spices will become my friends. Adding lemon to as much as possible is great, Lemon is a natural calorie burner. And I can have 1/2 an avacado a day, or 1 serving of nuts if I'm needing the fats.

Workout.

Monday:
Single leg dead lifts w/8lb free weights, 3 x 25 each side
Straight leg dead lifts w/weight bar, 3 x 50
Leap Frogs, 3 x length of gym and back
Box jumps starting from Deep squat, 3 x 50
Sitting Leg Press, 3 x Failure at 120lbs+
25-30 minute cardio

Tuesday:
1.5 hours Cardio my choice - mix it up and get sweaty

Wednesday:
50 Burpee Pullups
50 Burpee Pushups, 8 count
50 Burpee Dead & Front Squat
50 Burpee Frog jumps
50 Burpee Plyo Jump to Bench
50 Burpees Regular

Thursday:
1 hour run
1 hour stairs

Friday:
5 x 21's w/12lbs (7 Regular curls, 7 top curls, 7 low curls)
5 x 20-25 bench dips
5 x 10-15 Frontal & Lateral shoulder raises 10-15lbs
5 x 20 Renegade rows 20-25lbs
5 x 20 Push-ups
5 x Failure Pull-ups

Saturday:
1 hour Yoga (SOOOOO Happy because I didn't get to do Yoga on Saturday and it was supposed to be my last time to do Yoga until the competition)
30 Minute Outdoor Run

Sunday:
REST (Play with Steven and Matthew)

Honestly I know I'm going to be in pain during this week, not one day is easy, and the combination of these days together is going to be killer. But I'm looking forward to it. I'm NOT looking forward to the fact that I lost my 1 apple a day :( but I did go to Mother's today when we went up to Runner's World and got a new flavor of Spiru-tein Protein powder, Cookies & Cream, so we'll find out just how horrendous it is. I'm just burnt on Chocolate.

I have a feeling the next few weeks are going to be spent with a lot of time at the gym (duh) but a lot of time in front of this computer looking at videos of other competitions. Also looking for tips/pointers, checking out shoes, suits, and anything else that might help me. I'm blown away by some of these women who do this as a career. Their bodies are amazing, and I couldn't imagine maintaining this for most of the year.

I'm fantasizing about things like bagels. Already working on my "Post-competition Fat girl meal plan" for at least the first few days post April 14th :) I've got a lot of other thoughts bouncing around in my head right now, but I'm feeling exhausted from the last couple of days, so I think I'll end this here and maybe try to get back on in a day or two when I've had time to sort through thoughts before just throwing them onto my blog here. Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment