Saturday, April 16, 2011

Awesome Saturday

Today was wonderful. Steven and I got up around 6 and snuggled and played together for a while - then I got us ready and we went to the gym while Matthew slept in...

My workout was a good one. I did the crossramp for 35 minutes total, a 30 minute workout with a 5 minute cool down - total distance of 3.7 miles. Then moved on to stretches, core work, a bit of arms and back, and for legs did calf press, leg press, and the glute machine.

Then I ran home to get showered and changed over to spend time with my boys before going to do a 1:30 massage... Our time together turned into playing in the front yard, and working on some gardening in between blowing bubbles and chasing Steven.

My massage was a bust though - my client never showed :(

But from there I went home, and once Steven was awake we packed us all up and headed down to the beach. We tried to go to Trestles but there was no street parking available and we just didn't really feel like paying $10 for parking... So instead we drove down to Calafia Beach and had a blast.

I always feel a bit sorry for those around us... I'm so WHITE that I know its got to hurt their eyes, but at the same time I refuse to wear a mu-mu... So I'm sorry to my fellow beach goers... You'll need to invest in a good pair of sunglasses while I'm around.

I love being down by the water. I especially love it when we go as a family and I can watch my two boys play together. I definitely get in on the action, but I enjoy stepping back and grabbing my camera to capture some memories.

Steven is such an outgoing kid. If there are children around he walks up and starts playing with them. I love that he isn't shy around kids. Today he made another "beach girlfriend" as I refer to them. He has a knack of finding the cute little girls, and being so darn sweet to them (watch out for him in a few years, I already know he's going to give me grey hair!).

I know this post doesn't really have a point, but I just felt the need to share. This was an awesome day. I hope you all were blessed with smiles and laughter today too.

No comments:

Post a Comment