Saturday, April 2, 2011

Tomorrow

My little man turns 3. I can't believe it, where has the time gone?!?!!! This birthday really snuck up on me, between graduating, interviewing, and juggling everything else I looked up the beginning of this week and realized I'd done nothing to prep for it!

So I began the frantic planning of a birthday party - started stressing myself out, looking online for party stuff, trying to decide if we should rent another bounce house like we did last year, planning the party foods, trying to decide if I should order a cake, or try and bake something and decorate it without him seeing me...

And then I remembered - he's turning 3... This doesn't have to be the be all and end all of parties. We can't afford ponies, or a petting zoo... No big grab bags of party favors.

Tomorrow morning I'm making a baked apple pancake, and sausages. We're going to open up all his presents from us and our family. Then we're going to take him to Jump'n Jammin and a couple of his little friends are going to join us. We're going to have cupcakes, and pizza... Two things that he loves.

I still haven't decided on his birthday dinner - trying to figure out things that he really wants to eat right now is a bit of a pain. But I'm sure we'll get it under control before he's yelling at us to feed him.

Looking back at pictures of him I can't believe how much he's grown and changed in 3 years... My baby boy is 3. I swear we just had his 2nd birthday a couple of months ago... He's learning things so fast, some of which make me want to tear out my hair, but I'm blessed. Matthew and I have to help each other remember that sometimes when he's running around the house, screaming at the top of his lungs for whatever it is that he wants at the moment. He can push our buttons so quickly, and then have us laughing in seconds.

I wish we could bottle his giggles, I've never heard anything so magical before in my life. No matter what my mood is, if Steven starts laughing I can't help but laugh and giggle in return. The joy he gets out of playing with his toys, whether its his planes, cars, trains, Mickey, whatever - he tells stories to them, makes up scenarios, and generally has a ball. There are times where I'm in the kitchen cleaning up or cooking, and I hear him playing in the living room and I just have to stop whatever I'm doing and go watch him.

Seeing him smile and hearing him laugh. Thats when I know God exists.

Happy Birthday my little "turbo" man. I love you with all of my heart. You are our blessing, now and for forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment