Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Holy Cow

I did it.

Stephanie did the Body Fat % measurements on me today. Originally she did the measurements for a 7 point skin fold test (that sounds lovely right?!) but she could only find her graph for the 3 point skin fold test (again lovely). She calculated everything out, took into account my age, weight and height and my % is....

18.5%

I'm amazed! Of course at first I had no idea what that actually meant. But she explained to me that for women who are NOT athletic the average range is 22-30%, athletes usually have a range of 12-20%. So I'm in the high end of the athletic range....

I'm stoked! I honestly went in with no expectations... I knew my % wouldn't be high, but like I said I walked in not knowing what high or low actually was.

So this once again boosts my confidence that what I'm doing is making a difference in my body and my health. I don't want to get much lower, just because I do enjoy having some curves, but I do plan on continuing to maintain where I'm at. Now I just need to figure out what I'm doing with the idea of the low carb challenge...

No comments:

Post a Comment