Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Pushing myself

Pushing myself out of my comfort zone is always difficult. Today I upped all of my leg weights... I figured I've got to do something new and different as long as I'm not running.

Hopefully on Thursday one of the two Dr's where I work will have time in their schedule to look at my foot - I'm beyond done with this whole no running thing. I want to sign up for Tough Mudder, but right now I don't want to pay the $$$ if I'm not going to be able to race because I did something that really jacked up my foot.

On my way home from the gym my glutes started screaming at me. Hateful, profane things that I'll be kind enough to not post here online. Just suffice it to say that they didn't like the fact that I was sitting on them after torturing them for so long.

Tomorrow I'll really push myself out of my comfort zone. I made an appointment with Stephanie, one of the trainers at the gym, for her to do a Body Fat % measurement. How silly is it that I'm nervous to find out where I am right now? I know I've lost so much weight since I began this journey, yet at the same time I'm nervous that I haven't gotten as far as I'd like...

My 4 week Challenge has kind of been sucking the last week plus, I haven't been all that bad, but I've been bad enough that I know that I haven't made the most of my body and its potential. I'm considering extending it right now... Or to be honest, I'm considering re-starting it. This time doing research before beginning. That way I can have plenty of snack foods, and main course stuff that is carb-friendly... Instead of just denying myself the bread or pasta that I make for Steven and Matthew.

At this point I think I'll finish out my official 4 weeks, do another weigh in and taping of my body, and then use that as a starting point.

I know that I'm in good shape, but its hard now that my schedule has changed and there are 2 days during the week that I'm not making it in to the gym. Someone asked me why don't I just go at night on Mondays and Thursdays, and the honest answer is that I'm exhausted. 14 patients a day, each for a 30 minute massage, breaks down into 7 hours of massage... Most of that is spent on my feet, though with a couple I do have the ability to sit so that I can work on whatever it is that they are being seen for. I am waking up early those days and doing core work, planks, weighted squats, and adding in push-ups... But it still feels like I'm being lazy compared to my "usual" workout.

I think I might add in Sunday mornings... But that depends on Matthew getting up early enough to watch Steven for me.

Hurm.... Well I need to jump off of here for now. On to my "to do" list for the day. And putting some thought into my latest desire to push myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment