Monday, April 2, 2012

April 1st (2nd actually) update


So I got up early Sunday, or should I say at normal time ;) and got ready to head over to Alyx's for a quick photo update before running back to the house to get everything ready for Steven's 4th Birthday party.


Sunday was amazing! Lots of good food. I made cupcakes, and did a quick decoration on them... And was told that they were all amazing! I'll admit, I gave in while making them and had a couple of licks of batter (my system was soooo pissed at me though, that I'm glad that I didn't give in and eat any more) And of course, because I'm the health conscious mommy that I am I couldn't do all junky snack foods. We had cupcakes, and chips, and fresh fruit salad that I prepared along with salad, and plain cut-up veggies on a tray with ranch dip. Oh, and your basic hotdog/hamburger combo, with a few boca-burgers thrown in for those of us who choose to/have to be veggan (or conscious of what we're putting in our bodies). I think the kiddos all had a good time, lord knows by the time everyone went home, the bounce house was put away, and we were inside I was ready to call it a night - but had to do a few dishes first :)

Alyx and I were both so busy that we didn't get a chance to write up the weeks workout plan/meal plan on Sunday so she texted me my Monday workout, and told me not to change the meal plan other than PB everyday and no fruit. So Monday's quick little workout was supposed to be:

30/30/30 Bike/treadmill/stairs and 20 minutes of Core.

What it turned into:
30 bike, 20 core, 1 hour stairs - because I just didn't want to run today :)

Last night was rough, between choosing to stay up and bake a Chocolate chip banana bread for the Finch's to take with them on their trip home to AZ since Garret was finally medically separated from the USMC and they were given 6 days notice that he was going on terminal and had to be out of housing ASAP. Steven having a rough nights sleep, he's saying that his ears itch a little, but nothing slowed him down today, no fever, and wanted to play like normal along with normal eating habits. THEN getting a phone call from Alyx, at 4am, which broke my heart...

Briggs had to be put down today, due to actions that are hard to explain, and circumstances that I'll never understand because I didn't see it in person. It hurts my heart to see her in such pain and to know that Kris is having to try and accept this while deployed to Afghanistan. Steven doesn't understand why Mr. Briggs isn't at Alyx's house, and not really sure why all of us are so sad. I'm going to try and do my best to explain it in terms he'll understand without being graphic or making him upset. For now he knows that there was an accident and that Mr. Briggs can't/won't be coming home.

So everything combined (none of which was anyone's fault) I didn't get great sleep and thats why I changed up today's workout on the fly. Alyx came over today/tonight and while here, watching "2 Broke Girls" with me and eating copious amounts of food (a lot of which I longingly stared at) she wrote up the rest of the week for me. It follows as such.

Tuesday:
100 Push-ups
100 Burpees
100 Squats
100 Sit-ups
100 Crunches
100 Leg lifts
1 hour Stairmaster

Wednesday:
30 Bike
30 Run
30 Stairmaster
30 Core

Thursday:
(A bit different, the actions outside of the run are grouped together in sets of 2, done 3 times each before moving onto the next set)
Pull-ups x Fail, Squats x Fail - 3 sets
Plyo-lunges x Fail, Push-ups x Fail - 3 sets
Renegade Rows x Fail, Bench Jumps x Fail - 3 sets
1 hour Run @ 6% incline

Friday:
5 x 5 minute plank
250 Sit-ups
200 Plyo-lunges
150 Bench Jumps
100 Bench Burpees
50 Burpee Pull-ups

Saturday:
60-80 minute Run

This weeks meal plan is as follows:
Protein shake w/1 tbs PB
3-5 oz lean meat/or nuts
2 cups veggies, 3-5 oz lean meat/nuts
2 cups veggies
8-10 oz lean protein, 1 cup veggies
LATE NIGHT SITFU :)

I think thats about it for me tonight - there are so many other topics that have been bouncing around in my head lately but I have a little man who has been demanding snuggles since I started writing this post so I think I'm going to end it here for now. Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment